It’s a winter wonderland here on campus! The current temp is 8 degrees with freezing fog. What? Freezing fog? I have never even heard of that!! Thus, I thought it would be perfectly appropriate to list off some winter essentials for your wardrobe to brace against the biting cold.
1. Sorel Boots: These boot do work. They are super warm, they have excellent grip on snow on ice so that do not wipe outs do not occur. They also come in an abundance of styles and colors.
2. Glomitts: These are a hybrid between gloves and mittens. They offer the unbeatable warmth of mittens with the functionality of gloves. My favorites are fair isle style, but they literally come in every color and style imaginable.
3. Colored Peacoat: A peacoat is a style essential. Put one on and you will automatically look classy and fabulous. Try a peacoat in one of the colors from Pantone’s Fall 2012 color trends.
4. Fur Trim Jacket: Fur trim jackets are great for those perfect winter days when there is a light frost covering the trees and everything just glistens. The trim is cozy and fashionable, and adds a little je ne se qua to traditional plaid or tweed.
5. Knitted Ear-warmers: I loovvveeee these. I myself have probably knitted and crocheted like 10 of them. They are so convenient and cute. They are especially great so that your ponytail of top knot doesn’t get smashed in a hat!
6. Plaid Scarf: I simple plaid scarf will never, ever, ever, go out of style. Burberry’s perfect plaid scarves have been around forever and are still a classic style craving for lots of people.
Stay warm, stay stylish.